ENHANCED LIVING (FORMERLY ASSISTED LIVING LEVEL II)
The Elizabeth Scott Community plans to open a new Enhanced Living unit in August 2021, followed by the renovation of our existing Enhanced Living units.
The new 3,500 square foot addition will have six fully accessible private rooms as well as one fully accessible double room for a couple. Our residents will be slowly transitioned from the current older wing into the newly constructed wing, which will allow for the renovation of the current wing. When construction and renovation have been completed, we will offer over 6,000 square feet of space devoted strictly to Enhanced Living residents.
Here are some details about the features of both the current units that will be remodeled and the new units being constructed:
Construction / Renovation Details
- All new private rooms with private bathrooms & showers
- New insulated windows
- Individual thermostat control
- Updated emergency call system
- Enhanced safety system with new fire alarms, smoke detectors and sprinklers
- New enclosed sunroom overlooking the main campus in the renovated wing
- Renovated beauty shop in the current wing
- New paint & carpeting throughout
Construction of Our New Enhanced Living Units
Architectural rendering of the new Enhanced Living Units being constructed (shown above). The large building in the center shows the planned renovation of the original 1949 farmhouse. Units to the left are existing units that will be renovated. Photos below show construction on our 3,500 square foot addition.